Thursday, April 7, 2016

Chapter 11

Throughout my own student journey, especially in high school I loathed taking tests and being assessed. Personally, I am just not a good “test-taker.” I actually almost didn’t get into St. John’s because my math score on my SAT was so low. Thankgoodness I was able to take the ACT where you do not get penalized for leaving a question blank and I made up for the bad score I got on my SAT and now here I am, almost done with my Bachelor’s degree and my first year of graduate school. Clearly I can confidently say I am not lacking in smarts. I agree with learning outcome 11.1 that student’s should be graded on the work being completed rather than the test scores achieved. They at least tried and should be acknowledged for that. Technology is defiantly a great tool for assessment because it allows students to display real-world learning in dynamic ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment